Mission & Goals
No one goes hungry in central and eastern North Carolina.
Goals & Strategies, Fiscal Year 2013-2014
Goal: By the end of our fiscal year, accumulate $7.6 million dollars to meet our budget which will enable us to maintain or expand our services to those at risk of hunger in our service area.
Strategy: Maintain and develop donor relations and cultivation, with emphasis on on-line giving; foundation and grants; regional giving and children’s programs.
Capacity: Increase regional capacity with volunteers on councils; maximize Board member contacts and networking; develop online resources.
Measurement: Monthly and quarterly tracking of revenue reports and timelines against goals.
Status: Revenue slightly ahead of budget at end of Quarter 1. Durham Regional council under redevelopment.
Goal: With a heavy concentration on perishable and produce, distribute between 48-52 million pounds of vital food and non food essentials in our service area to over 800 emergency and non-emergency non-profits, maximizing volunteer support of 170k volunteer hours annually.
Strategy: Maintain and develop food donor relations, with particular emphasis on retail and produce market(s).
Capacity: Recover and distribute food through utilizing our infrastructure of vehicles, six locations (includes expansion of New Bern branch) and staffing and volunteer resources in our service area.
Measurement: Monthly and quarterly tracking of receiving and distribution reports by food category; analyzing county pounds to ensure fair share allocations.
Status: 12.5 million lbs distributed at end of Quarter 1, which is 687 thousand lbs ahead of last year. Approx. 3.5 million lbs (28% of total) of produce distributed, and retail is 400 thousand lbs over previous year. Volunteer hours on target with previous year at end of Quarter 1.
Goal: Relocate and expand our Greenville and Durham Branches
Strategy: Identify appropriate locations in local community.
Capacity: Staff, Board members, other local community leaders
Measurement: New sites established
Status: 18 thousand sq.ft. Greenville site identified and lease signed with operations expected to begin in October.
Goal: Execute partner agency and employee opinion surveys and utilize results as benchmarks of service, then, determine necessary action items.
Strategy: Develop appropriate survey questionnaires.
Capacity: Staff, Agencies, volunteers
Measurement: Quality and content of surveys, execution of surveys. Developing appropriate action items
Status: Roll out of surveys timed for Quarters 3 & 4.
Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Results
The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina is pleased to report the following results of the 2012-2013 fiscal year organizational goals:
- The goal of raising $7.0 million dollars to maintain and expand our services was exceeded with a total of $7.48m being raised.
- The goal of distributing 40-42 million pounds of food was exceeded with a record-breaking 51.7 million pounds.(Almost 7.0m lbs more than previous year). All of our branch locations had record-breaking distribution years. Additionally, almost 18 million pounds of produce was distributed (+6.2m).
- Additional successes include:
- A record of 170,000 volunteer hours were logged.
- 7,500 meals provided through our Kids meals n more programs (Kids Café; Weekend Power Pack and Summer Feeding)
- A national award from Feeding America on excellence in food banking in regard to food access.
[Back to Top]