It's the THIRD annual #FoodBank24 New Media Telethon!
The date for the third annual 24 hour telethon (now named #FoodBank24) has been set for Friday, September 26 starting at 12 noon and airing through September 27 at noon. The Food Bank and Gregory Ng of Freezer Burns are coming together once again to raise food, funds and awareness as a part of the national Hunger Action Month movement.
What is the #FoodBank24 New Media Telethon?
The #FoodBank24 New Media Telethon is a LIVE EVENT shown through our website via UStream for 24 hours straight. The event is hosted by Gregory Ng of the popular online frozen food review show, FreezerBurns and will feature fascinating interviews, entertaining activities, and "in-person" events such as a Food Truck Rodeo, a #FoodBank24 Mixer, and a "Midnight Madness" volunteer activity.
How do I watch #FoodBank24?
All you need is a computer and an internet connection! Simply visit this webpage or go to www.foodbank24.org starting at noon on Friday, September 26. The event will be appear in the box above as a live video stream.
Can I participate in #FoodBank24?
Yes! There are numerous ways that you can participate in the event:
- Sign up as a monetary Patron (Sponsor) of #FoodBank24. View the Patron Opportunities & Sign up now! »
- Sign up as a #FoodBank24 Partner with in-kind gifts such as food for the events, entertainment, or prizes ...Details coming soon!
- Join us at our Raleigh Warehouse for the Food Truck Rodeo, a #FoodBank24 Mixer, or the "Midnight Madness" volunteer activity.
- Make a donation! We aim to exceed our $50,000 goal from last year and provide over 300,000 meals to children and families in need.
- Get behind the scenes and sign up to be a Telethon Volunteer. We have needs before, during and after the event!
- Spread the word! Use your social media channels to boost our viewing audience and encourage food and fund donations using the hashtag, #FoodBank24. You can also print the Official Event Flyer and Save The Date Bookmarks to share with friends & family or post at local businesses! Or why not change your Facebook cover photo to show your support? It's all below:
How successful was the event last year?
In 2013, over $55,000 was raised and nearly 4,000 pounds of food collected resulting in 278,000 meals! There were 14 generous patrons and over 40 guest interviews. The show was viewed over 2,000 times and 600 people followed on Facebook. Over 184,000 followed on twitter with nearly 1,800 tweets using the hashtag #FoodBank24. Check out these additional highlights: